Restore fans can rejoice… with the state moving to the yellow phase this Friday, June 5th, Habitat’s home discount store and donation center will reopen!
We appreciate the support, inquiries and well wishes that our ReStore shoppers and donors have sent our way while the store was dark. Our team is equally excited to see our front doors open for business and serve our ReStore community once again.
Please know that there will be many adjustments to store operations in order to keep everyone safe from the coronavirus. Among the changes you’ll see are:
- The store will close from 12:00 noon-1:00 p.m., and close earlier in the day at 4:00 p.m., in order to re-sanitize the store.
- On Thursdays, the store will be closed.
- Aisles will be one-way.
- Only 50 people will be allowed in the store at one time; customers should be prepared to wait to enter the store.
- Staff will continuously sanitize high-touch areas, including the front counter, shopping carts, door handles and credit card reader.
- Staff will wash hands hourly.
- We will be unable to accept donations of upholstered furniture, due to the difficulty of sanitizing fabric.
- We will begin to schedule donation drop-offs to better manage traffic at our store’s side door. Please see the form on our ReStore donation page.
- Sneeze guards will act as a safety barrier at checkout.
- All persons in the store will be required to wear masks, as well as be asked to maintain a distance of 6 feet apart from one another at all times.
- Donation pickups via the ReStore truck are remain temporarily suspended.
It is our highest priority that we keep our customers, donors, volunteers and staff healthy. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work hard to offer everyone a wonderful, and safe, ReStore experience.