Our Repair Program
Lancaster Lebanon Habitat offers three types of services through our repair program: A Brush with Kindness; Critical Repair; and Weatherization. All services enable a homeowner to make the essential repairs they need to maintain and/or continue to live in their home.
This service makes it possible for elderly, disabled or low-income homeowners to live in decent homes. Families are eligible to one project per year, and only small, non-emergency repairs to owner-occupied homes will be considered.
Homeowners must contribute a specific number of hours of sweat equity to complete the repair. If the homeowner is not able to assist for health reasons, alternative sweat equity will be arranged.
Participants must also demonstrate financial capacity to fully or partially repay their loan, according to terms. Habitat will verify income and perform a credit check. If approved, the homeowner will be asked to sign a repayment agreement. Expenses include materials, service and labor. Volunteer labor, provided at no charge, will be used when possible.
Repairs are currently offered in Southwest Lancaster, East Petersburg, Elizabethtown, Lebanon and Lititz.
How to apply for Home Repairs
- Fill out the pre-application. If you do not receive a response from our family services manager within one week of submitting your pre-application, please call our office at 717.392.8836.
- If you meet the income guidelines (view chart here), you can submit an application. In conducting a credit analysis, there will be a $20 fee to reimburse Habitat for pulling a credit report.
- If you qualify, we will visit your current residence to assess your repair
- If the repair is approved, you will sign a Home Repair Agreement to identify the scope of the partnership, the repair and repayment terms.
- A down payment, as well as partial sweat equity hours, will be required before work can begin